CLASSES MAY BE CANCELLED DUE TO INSUFFICIENT NUMBER OF STUDENTS in 2-wheel or 3-wheel courses.
27 January (riding portion @ 1PM CST) classroom TBD
PCMT/ Ride 2 Wheels will provide:
-DOT approved helmet
-All academic materials
Three Wheeled Motorcycles
Panama City Motorcycle Training/
Minimum number of 3-wheels students:
2-- if class in scheduled in conjunction with a 2-wheel BRC. plus minimum of 4 BRC students
3-- if scheduled alone
As with 2-wheel classes, if minimum number of students is not met, class may be conducted as a private class with appropriate costs.
Student must provide:
- A Valid Class E (Car) Drivers License or Learners Permit
- Standard 3-Wheeled motorcycle
-long sleeved shirt or jacket
-Over the ankle footwear
-Full fingered gloves
* Student provided Motorcycle must be a standard 3-wheeled motorcycle, or 3-wheeled conversion where rider rides astride the vehicle above or slightly behind the engine, must have standard motorcycle controls including handlebars.
Polaris Slingshot(TM), car conversions, Voyager Trike (TM) kits or similar kits which retain original rear wheel resulting in a 4-wheeled motorcycle WILL NOT be allowed.
VOYAGER KITS NOT ALLOWED!!!
Classroom: about 5 hrs
Riding: 5-8 hrs
The 3-Wheeled Basic Riders Course (3W-BRC) or Trike Course consists of:
- 4-5 hours of academics (classroom) with a written (KNOWLEDGE) exam
The classroom portion will cover:
Risks associated with motorcycling
Carrying passengers and cargo
Common situations associated with motorcycling
- 8 to 10 hours of Riding (Range) with a riding (SKILLS) test at the end.
The Riding portion will include:
The cost to conduct a 3W-BRC: $200